BE BOLD FOR CHANGE!
Dance, Conversation, Food, and Fun!
Wednesday, March 8th, 2017
4:30pm – 7:00pm
Jack Blanchard Family Centre
7 Pond Street
All are welcome to attend.
Dancing! Resistance! Food and Fun! For International Women’s Day 2017, a fabulous committee is organizing an evening of celebration and bold action for equality. There will be demonstrations of group dances from a variety of cultures, which everyone can participate in. There will also be the opportunity to creatively express ideas for acting boldly together to bring about the equality of women everywhere. Quotations from women and art supplies and materials will be provided.
We will boldly sing Bread & Roses together, and Advisory Council Chairperson Mari Basiletti will read her International Women’s Day Opinion piece. And of course there will be refreshments! All ages and genders are very welcome.
Festivities from 4:30 – 7:00pm, Wednesday March 8 at the Jack Blanchard Centre, 7 Pond Street Charlottetown. This is a wheelchair accessible space.
For details, contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-368-4510.
- Mari Basiletti’s IWD Commentary / commentaire : Be Bold for Change/Journée internationale des femmes : Osez le changement
- The Guardian-Commentary, March 8, 2017: Today is International Women’s Day 2017 by Mari Basiletti
- CBC PEI, March 8, 2017: Troubles abroad, success at home: P.E.I. reflections on International Women’s Day
- Poster (pdf)
- International Women’s Day Gallery 2017 and Guest Speaker’s Remarks
Thank you to the 2017 contributors to the International Women’s Day event for generous assistance.
- Cooper Institute
- CUPE PEI
- PEI Advisory Council on the Status of Women
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada
- PEI Coalition for Women in Government
- PEI Federation of Labour
- PEI Interministerial Women’s Secretariat
- Public Service Alliance of Canada
- Women’s Network PEI
- Committee Volunteers – Farahnaz Rezaei, Hannah Gehrels, Kate Liu, Nancy Clement, Helena Emami, Donna Dingwell, and Josie Baker