Do you use social media? Join us on-line on Facebook and Twitter to promote the Purple Ribbon Campaign Against Violence and to highlight the theme “Ask. Sex without consent is a crime.”
We’re @peiacsw. Follow us, favourite us, tweet, and retweet!
- From November 25 to December 6, join the conversation in using the hashtags #purpleribbon or #rubanviolet
- On November 25, it’s the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. We’ll use #evaw to start with and keep an eye on what women around the world are using as their hashtag.
- On December 6, it’s the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women. We’ll use #december6 and #vaw and keep an eye on what women across Canada are using as their hashtag.
- Add your thoughts about consent using the hashtags #consentis or #leconsentementcest.
- Link to the Purple Ribbon Campaign at https://peiacsw.wordpress.com/2013-2014-purple-ribbon-campaign/
- We’ll post a social media toolkit with sample messages there.
- We’ll do our best to favourite and retweet what you post.
We’re at facebook.com/peistatusofwomen. Please like us and share what we post!
- From November 25 to December 6, we will post easy-to-share and appealing graphics, messages, photos, and videos. Please comment and share!
- We’ll include the posts we prepare in a social media toolkit at https://peiacsw.wordpress.com/2013-2014-purple-ribbon-campaign/ starting November 26th or so.
- Post your own messages, and please let us know when you do so we can promote and share what you do. We love to return the favour!
- Don’t be shy to self-promote. We’re going to be so busy, we won’t be able to monitor social media as closely as usual.
We’re just getting the hang of social media. Do you have ideas? We welcome them! Please send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 902-368-4510.
Thanks for your help sharing the Purple Ribbon Campaign!